Sunday, January 15, 2012

Catch-up

Jack played "after school hoops" during the fall.  He loved it and felt grown-up because he got to play with all the 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders. (he's in 1st)  Not that he's that good, he's just that big :)  On a more recent note, I had a good laugh watching him react to the recent 49ers win over the Saints.  He watched every second of that game.  He was cheering, coaching, calling plays, shouting, yelling, and commenting about everything.  I heard him yell, "come on, that was PI (pass interference)!"  He got SO in to it.  Needless to say, there were tears of sadness when the Saints scored with a minute thirty to go in the game.  Then tears of pure joy when Alex Smith and niners pulled out the win.  This kid loves sports.


 Jordan's first attempt at doing her hair all by herself.  I was actually pretty impressed, so I just let her keep it in and go to preschool.  If there is any word to describe my little miss Jordan it is "independent." 
 "Come on mom," "Let's go," are Ryan's favorite phrases these days.  He'll grab any pair of shoes he can find and head to the door.  Who cares if I'm just in a onsie :)  Ryan is also saying, "No, that way!" while we are driving.  Like he has Jack's internal GPS built in and he knows when we are going to the store and not to his friends house. 
 I swear, I did not teach her how to pose like this or the pose on our Christmas card.  This girl does not lack any spunk or personality at all. 
 We seem to not be able to get enough beach shots while living here in CA.  I'm beginning to wonder if I can ever leave it now that it feels such a part of me.

 Jumping waves never gets old. 
 My kids were not supposed to get wet on the this trip (we were there to have a picnic and take family pictures)  As you can see that didn't go as planned.  Also, not planned was Kent leaving all of the kids clothes on top of the minivan on the ride home.  Needless to say they weren't there when we got home.  Kent miraculously found them all later that night when he drove back and retraced the path we took home with emergency lights on, and driving on the shoulder...all because he loves me :)
 The breathtaking sunset we caught at Half Moon Bay back in October. 

 I know, I know, this was ages ago in the blogging world, but I had to get a few shots of the kids' Halloween costumes on here.  I'll admit, I had to pat myself on the back for making Ryan's owl costume.  The kids got plenty of chances to wear their costumes to school parties, the ward trunk-or-treat, a Harry Potter party at the city library, visiting a nursing home, and of course the actual night of Halloween.



5 comments:

Ashley said...

I would love being so close to the beach. Those pictures are the best. All the kids are so cute, Jack looks like a 3rd grader for sure. I love that picture of him pplaying basketball! Oh man I love that owl outfit so much, and always look forward to seeing what you're going to put together for your kids each Halloween. No pressure though :-)

Jill Lau said...

The owl costume is amazing Holly!! I like the picture of Jack....it kind of looks like he is doing some trash talking!! That is neat he likes sports so much. I would have a hard time leaving the beach too if I were you. Thanks for the pictures!

Tayna said...

What a fun post! Jack looks so grown up to me! Our boys would have loved watching that game with him. They were watching it too, but they are more quiet watching sports, it would have been fun. I am really proud of you for letting Jordan wear her hair like that to preschool. I TOTALLY have those days :) Sunday I told her teacher that I try to help her get dressed and ready, but sometimes she has much different opinions than I do, and it's easier to let her win! Just think, in a few more years we won't have to do their hair at all!!
Ryan looks so grown up too! I can't imagine him talking so much. What a happy looking little guy. All the Halloween costumes are amazing! You always do amazing! Thanks for the update, it's so fun to see the kids!

Katie said...

Great pics, so fun to read. So glad I get to experience you and your family firsthand.

Susy Harper said...

I love the pictures of the kids in their Halloween costumes! Way to go Holly! I love the beach pictures too. I think it is a part of you. That was fun to hear about Jack watching that game. I wonder where Jordan got her independant personality from??? Ryan is cute how he want to go out!