Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lands End Hike

What's this you say?  Two posts in one week?  I know, I know.  Don't start getting all excited and your hopes up.  It's January and I always feel more motivated in the new year.  Plus, my friend Janet is inspiring me with her 5 posts a month goal.  I think my goal is one post a month, so I'm really outdoing myself :) I will admit that there is a part of me that is very turned off and resisting the whole idea of social media.  Even though facebook's headquarters are just a couple of blocks from my house and the house where it was launched in Palo Alto is a block from Jack's school I will confess I'm not a fan.  But, like many things in my life, maybe I just don't like it because I haven't given it a fair chance.  I am also convinced that I don't have time for it.  I should be a better friend, sister, daughter, granddaughter, mother and wife, but I think there are a myriad of better ways to do that than to facebook.  Sorry for the speech, but for now one of my smalls efforts of improving a few of those relationships will be to blog once a month.  You heard it here...now let's see if I can do it. 

Now, on to the show:

January 2nd: Lands End Hike (near the Cliff House and Sutro Baths)

 Whenever we have a Monday where Kent's not working, I'm not working, and the kids don't have school, we feel compelled to hit the road for some kind of adventure.  Thanks to Janet for letting us in on this great secret.  The views of the Golden Gate are fabulous from this vantage point.  

 We took a short detour off the trail that led us to the perfect beach. Small tide pools and the discovery of starfish after starfish and anemones kept everybody entertained. 
 Kent caught me having a "soaking it all in" moment. 

We finished off our great day by eating at In and Out.  Jack will now snarf down a double double with no problem.  By the way...I post these pictures hoping it will motivate some of my family to want to come visit. (hint, hint :)  Don't the waters call your name?  Our awesome apartment awaits you!

3 comments:

Jill Lau said...

It is calling my name. Looks like you had a fun day! I think it is totally fine not to be a fan of facebook but be a fan of blogger....at least once a month!! We love the pictures!

Ashley said...

I love your soaking in the moment picture! It would only be more complete sprawled out on your back in the middle of the ocean with your FFL! I miss you, 5 months can't come soon enough. If I didn't get so restless sitting in the car and feel like my back is breaking we head to CA! Maybe next winter. Our baby would be about the same age that we went took Thomas and Grace.

Tayna said...

Oh we would LOVE to come again! The kids still talk about when we came. It does look so beautiful with so many wonderful things to do! I will be looking forward to one post a month! You can do it!