Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Jordan lost a tooth! She was so happy and so proud. Finally catching up to her big brother.
We escaped to Carmel and Monterey before school started. We drove 17 mile drive, had a fantastic dinner on Ocean Ave and went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium the next day. The kids loved it! The jellyfish are always a favorite.
First Day of School!!!
Jordan couldn't be happier or more ready. After the first day of school I picked her up and this was our conversation:

Mom: Jordan, how was your first day of school!

Jordan: (thinking for a moment) It was the boringest day ever.

Mom: What!?!?!

Jordan: It was too short, I thought it was going to be longer. I wanted more projects and we didn't get any homework!

Then on the 3rd day of school she marches out of class after the end of school and announces to me and all the parents there for pick-up, "still no homework!" in a very dejected and matter-of-fact way. I'm happy to say that she does have homework now. If only we could get her to let us comb her hair and get to school on time :)
Jack had a fairly nonchalant attitude, being the big brother and the big man on campus (maybe not the oldest, but one of the biggest. He's in the navy hoodie in the picture below)

4 comments:

Jill Lau said...

Cute Holly. I love the story about Jordan and her homework!! Her hair is so cute too. I feel ya on the getting kids to get ready for school on time. Always a battle every morning for us. Love ya

Ashley said...

Oh man that picture of you guys under the pier is so cute. I love it. Glad you could get away for a bit. Bummber Jordan is still fighting getting her hair done. At least it's shorter and it goes faster? Miss you!

Susy Harper said...

It makes me teary reading about all my kids sending their kids off to school! It's a happy/sad time. Thanks for the great pictures. Your little trip sounded really fun. The kids looks so cute for their first day! It wasn't too hard to pick out the "big man on campus"! He is way bigger! And is the most handsome man on campus! Your kids are so darling and I can't wait to see you all soon! Tell Taylor I pay much more than the tooth fairy if I get to pull her teeth! (unless Palo Alto tooth fairies pay consistant with what you have to pay a baby sitter!)

a. dancepants said...

your kids are so cute. More posts! :) Hope all is well.

--Ashlie