Wednesday, July 18, 2012

On the Farm - July 2012
This was one happy boy, shooting a bb gun for the first time. What I didn't post was the picture of Jack and his cousins killing chicken who had been banished from the coup.
Ryan LOVED riding in the tractor. We had to get a picture of our little city slicker family on the farm. Oh, my poor kids. They need to spend more time out there and move a handline or hoe some weeds so they don't become totally city-fied.
On the fourth we loaded up the boat and drove down the river to Burley to watch the fireworks. Highlights included an amazing sunset, Ryan falling asleep and then waking up during the "boom" of the fireworks, probably fearing for his life and crying that it was "too scary," pumping the music in the boat and me and Ashley having a little dance off, and the wild ride home in the dark with fireworks shooting off, spray hitting us in the face, and all the men standing at the helm with the spotlight guiding us home.

3 comments:

Jill Lau said...

Wow how fun. I am sad I missed the dance off especially.......thankfully I can picture it in my mind!! love you guys!

Tayna said...

Such fun pictures. I love the sunset! I really would like a copy of the chicken picture that you didn't post, and the others you took. Great memories made!

Ashley said...

It was so fun having you guys here for the fourth!!! Now we've spent 2 years in a row, we better keep up the tradition. Hopefully next year it's in your new beautiful house in Boise right?? haha, I will keep the hope alive. I love being with you so much. Thanks for always being such a great listener and up for anything. I totally owe you for making my garden so beautiful!!